- Caring.com is a leading senior care resource center for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones.
- Changes in Social Security Benefits – a one sheet file from SSA
- Harris County – Community Services Department – offers special assistance for low to moderate income families. This agency helps adults, veterans and low income families.
- Aging & Disability Resource Center – developed to offer assistance in streamlining public access to long-term care services. A division of the Texas Health & Human Services.
- The ARC of Greater Houston – promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- University of Houston – Resources for Families & Children with disabilities
- Autism Resource Center
- Autism Support Network Resources
- 30 Ways to Celebrate Autism Awareness Month
- ADA – American’s with Disabilities
Shuttle Squad Non Emergency Medical Transportation is a privately owned wheelchair transport company. We do not bill insurance. Payment is expected at the time of service. There are a number of medical transport companies which offer transportation to low income, medicaid and medicare eligible. Please visit the Texas Dept. of Aging & Disability here and review the resources available.
he U.S. Department of Justice provides information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) through a toll-free 1-800-514-0301