Handicapped Vans Door to Door Assistance We Escort you to the Door
How to schedule your Transportation
- As soon as you have scheduled your medical appointment, you should contact us – our week fills up rather rapidly. Your transport must be guaranteed with a credit card. We will bill your card the day of your transport. You can always choose to switch to cash or check the day of your payment.
- There is a reservation form available online, it will help us to get accurate information on dates, streets, times, etc. When you fill out this form, it will be submitted to us electronically, at that time we will check our schedule and we will call you to confirm your reservation.
- We transport 7am to 7pm, Monday through Friday. We do offer weekend or after-hours transport on a case by case basis at a premium rate. Please call us for more information.
- If you do not have a wheelchair, please let us know and we can provide one for your use at no additional charge.
- You can have a spouse, sibling, nurse aid or friend ride along with you at no additional charge.
- Wheelchair passengers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Please note every additional stop you request where you disembark from the vehicle – will be charged as an additional load-in fee (base fee). Our minimum trip is 5 miles.
- Drivers have been trained to follow their GPS for the fastest and safest route to your appointment. It will be up to the Drivers discretion to stop and pull-over if any hazardous conditions arise while en route during your transport. Your safety is important to us, we ask you to please cooperate with the Drivers. We have no control over weather conditions, accidents or road detours which may impede our arrival or departure schedules. We cannot be held responsible for missed or late appointments.
- We make every effort to pick you up on a timely basis for your return trip home. We ask that you wait inside the office reception area and the Driver will come to escort you to the vehicle. If you would like to have the Driver accompany your loved one to their appointment please let the office dispatcher know at the time you call to reserve and they will discuss the necessary details with you.
- Transferring patients from their beds to their wheelchairs is not a part of our service. If you do require assistance, and there is a witness present, we will ask you to sign a hold harmless document which releases Shuttle Squad from any responsibility of injury to the patient. Our service is insured and focused on transportation only.
- We require a 4-hour cancellation notice; otherwise you will be billed 50% of the total transport cost.